Certified Excellence Professional® Program FAQ
- Why should I enroll in the Excellence Canada Certified Excellence Professional® Program. What’s in it for me?
- How many “in-class” courses do I need to take to get my CEP designation?
- In addition to my in-class courses, what will I be responsible for as part of my certification?
- Do I need to complete the required in-class courses in the order they appear in the curriculum?
- Do I need to be enrolled in the Excellence Canada CEP to take the listed courses?
- What is included in my Enrollment Package?
- Is there a time limit for program completion?
- I have taken similar courses from other providers, or have completed Excellence Canada courses previously. Will you give me an equivalency or exemption towards the CEP curriculum?
- How much will my Excellence Canada CEP cost?
- When/how do I recertify my designations?
- How much are my annual recertification fees?
- What is the target audience of Excellence Canada CEP? How does this compare with the Improvement Champion?
- Upon completion of the Certified Excellence Professional® Program you will have a validated understanding of excellence frameworks and principles, advanced operational tools, organizational assessment, leadership competencies, and tactical and strategic Excellence concepts and tools
- You will be specializing in an area that helps Canada’s overall competitiveness
- You will learn skills that will help your organization achieve real results
- All of the required courses can be taken online via webinar
- If the candidate would prefer to attend these courses in person on available dates in the Excellence Canada Course Calendar they can do so for an additional fee of $200 per course.
- Quest for Quality Module 2 Assignment (Level 2)
- Excellence Canada CEP Reflective Assignment (to be submitted after the completion of all course work)
- CEP comprehensive online exam
- No. While some of the courses have strongly recommended pre-requisites (typically the courses marked with “Introduction to”), you may take all other courses at your convenience.
- All Excellence Canada courses are stand-alone public courses; however you must be enrolled in the CEP Program to receive Excellence Canada certification
- Most of the e-learning courses listed in the curriculum are only available to Excellence Canada CEP participants
- All required webinar and e-learning courses
- One (1) year of certification
- Excellence Canada CEP Reflective Assignment requirements
- Your webinar and e-learning access is valid for one (1) year from enrollment.
- If for some reason more time is required passwords can be extended on a case by case basis
- We strongly recommend you make use of the Course Log that is provided with your enrollment package to keep track of the courses you have completed.
I have taken similar courses from other providers, or have completed Excellence Canada courses previously. Will you give me an equivalency or exemption towards the CEP curriculum?
- On the recommendation of the CEP Committee, candidates may be granted equivalencies or exemption to the required courses (maximum of 5 courses)
- Equivalencies/Exemptions may be granted for courses taken within the last five (5) years with a grade of 73% of higher (if applicable)
- If you have taken any of the Excellence Canada (formerly National Quality Institute) courses that appear in the CEP curriculum, you will not need to re-take them. Simply include a copy of your previous certificates with your Equivalency/Exemption form.
- Equivalencies/Exemptions are reviewed for a fee of $50/course.
For access to all the required courses via webinar and e-learning:
- Platinum/Founding Partner: $3,480 + tax per person
- Gold Partner: $3,712 + tax per person
- Silver Partner: $3,915 + tax per person
- Bronze Partner: $4,350 + tax per person
- Non-Partner: $5,800 + tax per person (note that Bronze Partnership for your organization is $995, so if your organization is not a partner it is less costly to become a bronze partner and enroll in the CEP program as a Bronze Partner than to enroll as a non-partner (for example: $4400 + $995 = $5,395)
- After the first year (from the completion date of CEP®), candidates must recertify their CEP designation annually
- To recertify, candidates must submit the following:
- A completed Professional Development Log outlining fifteen (15) hours of professional development training and/or activities per year, and
- Recertification fees
Candidates may submit their Professional Development Logs by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail.
$250 per year or $650 for three years
*Please note that the first year of certification is included as part of the Excellence Canada CEP Enrollment Package. You will be issued a renewal date.
- Quality Managers, Quality Directors, Quality Vice Presidents
- Operations Managers, Process Improvement Specialists
- HR Managers, Healthy Workplace Professionals
- Person who has primary responsibility for:
- Continuous Improvement
- Healthy Workplace
- Customer Satisfaction
- Employee Satisfaction -
- Approximately 1-10 people from an organization